Tuesday, March 06, 2007

JPG Magazine

Everyone knows I am a HUGE Flickr so it should be no surprise that I have found JPG Magazine
To quote from there site:
"PG seeks engaging articles of all types for the magazine. JPG stories are personal, funny, and encouraging. They are not technical, boring, or snobby.

Remember that JPG Magazine is all about the love of photography, not the technique. We're not an instruction manual - we're a love letter.

The best way to know how to write for JPG is to read JPG! So be sure to pick up a copy or download the PDF and read it cover to cover. That'll tell you all you need to know."

Now I haven't yet submitted any photos or stories yet but I expect to do so by this weekend. I think I am a fair writer and I pretty sure my photos are acceptable so I think I'll give it a try.

Now if your photo gets published you get $100.00. But it doesn't say if you get paid for story submissions. I have looked but I can't seem to find out.
Stop by there and take a look around this is not your typical photo magazine. These are pictures taken by everyday photographers, some great some not so great. But what is it they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The size requirement has me a bit worried however. The photos being submitted must be at least 2200 pixels. The bigger the better they say so make sure you check the size of your photos before uploading.

No comments: