Friday, May 18, 2007

Improving Your Landscape Photography

11 Steps to improve your landscape photo's
For those of you that haven't been to Digital Photography Schools website this is a great resource for all kinds of information. I get there newsletter which really is the best way for this site. I don't visit it on a daily basis but the newsletters keep me up to date. I can't say they have a lot of new stuff every day but at least once a month they have a very interesting article.

I have seen similar articles in Outdoor Photography Magazine and they are really full of useful ideas that most people tend to either forget or don't think about.

For me when I take a photograph I often take it from several different angles getting, down on the ground (when I can) and changing from landscape to portrait is a good one too. I often find just taking a step or two to one side or the other works well also. You would be amazed at what you come up with when you really just move around a little. Some of my best shots were not even planned. So don't be afraid to try new angles.

Bracketing your photographs is also a great way to help insure you get a good exposure. I often do that anyway as I take a lot of HDR sets. It gives me a lot more options when I get my photos ready in post processing.

No comments: