Thursday, June 07, 2007

The 100 Year Old Photography Blog

I came across this very interesting photography blog called Shorpy The 100 year old photography blog.

This is such a cool site! I found myself milling through the photographs of history. There is just about every subject imaginable and most with information about each photograph, who, why, what, when and where. And of course who the photographer was.

Why Shorpy? Shorpy is the name of a very young Alabama coal miner Shorpy Higginbotham.

Cruising through each page is such a treat for me as I am an avid History Channel watcher and of course photographer. I found that our photographers before us wrote the rules we photographers follow religiously today. Although they didn't have schools of photography way back when you can still see, the composition, the rule of thirds, color, aperture, and subject where well thought out.

All I can say is I wish I had thought of that website first! :)

No comments: