Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tricky Lighting & Macro Shots

So we had a bit of a storm today and I thought I would go out and get some shots of the sky. However I was side tracked by the beautiful flowers in the yard. As the lighting was dark and storm and windy, I thought maybe I would once again give the "macro" shot another try.
This is what I started with....

DSCF6593


As you can see the lighting isn't that great and the blossom no that appealing.
So I decided to play with it a bit in Photoshop Elements.

Azalea Blossom


This is what I came up with.
I love it! I used the previously post "Orton Effect"
This is only the second time I have been able to get a decent macro shot and I didn't even use my macro lenses.
I am certainly going to be trying some more macro shots and maybe even adding the Orton effect.

1 comment:

Cathie said...

thank for comment, your pictures are very nice too