Friday, January 12, 2007

Composition

You know recently I have read several articles on composition and the rule of thirds. Frankly it all seems like a big waste of time if you still don't like what you see in your lens.
Some digital cameras like mine Fujifilm s5200 have a grid setting to help.



When I first became interested in photography, many moons ago, I had no clue what I was doing and how to do it. All I knew was how to load the film in my Vivitar camera and point and shoot! No focusing, no f stops, or apertures. Just me and a view finder and a button! LOL Sounds so silly now huh. I am sure we all started out that way. For years I stumbled around with my Vivitar taking pictures of all kinds of things. As I got older and had to work for a living I put all interest aside.
Then in my late 20's I had the urge again to pick up a camera, a digital camera! what a jump from Vivitar to a Kodak prosumer camera, top of the line back then and a huge hit on the wallet too.

And now a word from our sponsor :)

Gif animations at Gickr.com
If you want to see more please visit my Flickr Page
And of course you can always purchase my work at The Waterfall Hunter online store were you can find prints, postcards and greeting cards.



It was big and bulky, but I didn't mind I had instant results. I even bought filters, and lens.
So I began taking more pictures, still having no clue what I was doing. Although I read and tried to figure it out I was preoccupied with other things, like working to pay off that expensive camera! LMOA


Digg!

No comments: