Thursday, April 26, 2007

Buying a New Camera

Well I have decided to by a new camera. I have been doing a lot of research trying to pick out a camera I want. I have decided to go with the Canon Rebel XTi/400d I think the lens kit is my best choice, although I have heard some good things and a lot of bad things about it I still think for the price it's best to get it just encase. But I want to add the Sigma 10mm-20mm lens. This is an expensive piece of glass, the cheapest I have seen NEW is $449.00. But I think I will probably buy a used one off of eBay
And of course the Canon 50mm aka the Nifty-Fifty
EF 50mm f/1.8 II. This is the cheaper of the three 50mm that canon offers. It has rave reviews from most everybody. It runs around $80.00. If I can find the other 50mm (EF 50mm f/1.4 USM) for a reasonable price, most likely used, I will get it.
Well thats the basics of what I need, but of course you have to have an extra battery at about $50, at least a 2gb compactflash card at about $40, and then throw in a new camera bag, the camera bag I have only holds my camera. I need something to hold the camera, the lenses, memory, and filters. Can't forget the filters. As we all know taking waterfall pictures requires a set of ND (neutral Density) filter and a Circular Polarizer, and a UV filter. Those will run about $100 used. Now the camera bag I have picked is called the Sling Shot 200w this is such a great photography equipment bag. I know I could have said camera bag but honestly once you look at it you'll see it does so much more than hold a camera and for $99 it's a great deal.
So there you have my wish list. I figure this will run me anywhere from $1200-$1500. Now all I have to do is get the money. Thats the next step.

No comments: